New Test Server Patch #188 Released!
Written by nEo1664
Sunday, 25 August 2013
The next patch to hit the test server, #188 is here! Check out the notes below, and then the link through to the discussion page! Go get testing the Faction Warzones!
here we go again, the next patch in the R#184 releases. Taking a more agile route in terms of feature development. Instead of developing features completely at the drawing board, implementing them and in the end releasing them just to notice that they are s... uboptimal, we will in the future realease new features earlier, while being still on the drawing board. This means that new features we implement will feel incomplete, because they are! We want to gather your feedback as early as possible, to adjust the route new features take as early as possible to be as much fun as possible!
Faction warzones are a new feature which allows whole factions to work as a team, capturing sectors of the gameworld to reap the benefits. However, benefits have not yet been implemented. We are still discussing on how an what kind of benefits should be implemented. For now only Dome of York Sector 10 is a Faction Warzone. We limited the number of sectors to one to focus testing. To conquer a sector 4 security layers will have to be hacked. No access to the hacknet is required for now. The members of the owning faction of the sector should be notified in case someone tries to take over their sector.
- Further tweaks have been made to the Twilight Guardian Epic Mission.
- Twilight Guardian VERY EASY and EASY CityCom Missions have been adjusted to reflect new mob availability in the Canyon Facility Caves.
- Further tweaks have been made to the Reza's Calling Mission bringing the German and French versions up to date.
- Further tweaks have been made to the Twilight Guardian Guards placed in the Canyon Sectors of the Wastelands.
- Canyon Facility Caves have been renamed to Canyon Caves Lvl 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 to reflect new mob loadouts.
- Mob selection, distribution and density has been modified for the Canyon Facility Caves.
- CopBots have been removed from the Pepper Park Subway Station.
- Terror Leapers now drop suitable loot. Rare Parts have the same drop rate as found on Warbots.
- All varieties of Cave Crawler are now physically smaller.
- Several fixes have been made in the Dialogue of Master Hunters.
- The signs distributed over the sector to indicate who currently owns this sectors are a little bit too short, therefore long faction names are cut.
- In case you have downloaded T#188 between thursday and today 17.15 CEST, you have to reinstall your testserver client. You can verify whether you downloaded the correct T#188 patch by looking at its size. You can find a fille called cp000188.pat insed the patches subfolder of your testserver client. In case it is around 1.1MB in size you are fine! Sorry for that mess!
Patch discussion here