Written by Brammers
Thursday, 29 November 2012
It's here Patch 175 has been released. There are a couple of important things to remember with this patch.
1. The first few days of the patch is an evaluation period.
"The evaluation period means, that should something go terribly wrong we can perform a rollback (to the prepatch state) so we can restore the Neocron service. Nevertheless, we encourage players to continue playing as normal and follow their every day life, while we monitor the situation in the background to ensure everything is alright. Obviously we hope everything will go smoothly and after those two days, the testing status will be revoked and there will be no rollback. "
2. Please report all bug to this forum and please discuss the patch in this thread.
3. Make sure you install the latest version of Direct-X and the C++2010 runtime.
4. Click the "Configuration..." Button in the launcher and select "Configure Hardware..." then update your settings and press "OK" (ensure your neocron.ini is not set to read only please)
5. Enjoy the patch notes. :)
- Dropped support for DirectX 7
- Changed FoV, therefore players seem to be slower
- Fixed numerous exploits and vulnerabilities
- Fixed several possible server crashes
- Fixed a bug that stopped Neocron from launching when certain applications are open ("Chrome Bug")
- Fixed a crash on alt+tab in wastelands in fullscreen mode
- Fixed the main menu going black on alt+tab in fullscreen mode
- Fixed a crash caused by neocron.ini not being writable
- Changed the way interpolation is handeled ("clipping fix")
- Tweaked the netcode to always include y updates and update more frequently
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD not being rendered on screenshots
- Screenshots are now saved as .jpg
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD to reset to default state after a crash
- Removed legacy elements from the HUD (e.g.: recover backpack)
- Fixed misalignment of worldmap at widescreen resolutions (fullscreen mode)
- Fixed culling problems with widescreen resolutions (fullscreen mode)
- Fixed misaligned outpost signs
- Added widescreen resolutions to the launcher configuration panel
- Added Anisotropic Filtering, configurable via the launcher configuration panel
- Fixed truncation of entries inside error.log
- Added timestamps to the damage log
- Fixed Venture Warp returning players to appartment
- Turned around the CopBot staring at the wall in Plaza Sector 1 (after 8 years, the wall wins)
- Temporarily removed outpost turrets
- Added TL92 Tangent Assault Pulselaser Pistol to high level tech pistol vendor
- Added TL63 Gatlin Cannon to high level low tech cannon vendor
- Added permenant spawn for the Outzone 2 High Tech Cannon Smuggler
- Added entrance to the Drone Racetrack
- Added RN Terminals to Crahn HQ
- Replaced Outzone Station ambient sound
- Removed OOC advertisement from the Plaza area
- Fixed a conflict between Reza's Calling & Regant's Faith Missions
- Fixed spawn of Heff in TG Canyon.
- Fixed spawn of Malfunctioning Warbot Prototype in the MIRL-600 Warhammer Mission
- Fixed drop rate of fragment from Tacholytium Titan Warbot for Crahn Epic mision #4. Now always drops for those with the mission.
- Fixed a large number of wrong object types (e.g.: CityComs being tagged as chairs)
- Fixed position and alignment for a large number of static objects and NPCs
- Fixed many more miscellaneous gameworld issues
- Added a new loading screen
- Fixed an issue with team xp calculation
- Fixed combat rank not always being updated
- Fixed a bug that allowed overcasting of stronger shields.
- Fixed low level drones being very hard to use
- Reduced the intensity of visual interference when Drones are being damaged
- Fixed several issues and exploits concerning casting
- Changed the way combat ranks are being calculated
- Fixed AI not being able to target drones in special cases
- Fixed a reloading bug
- Entering wildcards in the player search does not work anymore, in case you want to know how many players are online, have a look at the front page of the official fansite Tech Haven Network
- Sometimes after zoning the screen becomes grey/blue/whatever, to fix it press alt+e twice